Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Broccoli for Breakfast ....

Sheesh! Already behind on this blogging thing.

Appliance: VitaMix blender (THE best kitchen gadget ever...little pricey but makes excellent soups and sauces ...and smoothies)

Day 1:
Woke up excited. Went to bed wondering why I hadn't lots 20 pounds yet, haha.
Breakfast: the Good Morning Smoothie (grapes, cucumber, kiwi, apple, broccoli and lemon)
Lunch: Midday Smoothie(grapes, oranges, pineapple, banana, carrot, fresh spinach, apple)
Dinner: more Midday smoothie

Was feeling totally fine up until about 4:30. I had kept myself busy most of the day preparing for my new class I'm teaching. I stayed home but did watch some TV. I'm beginning to see how MUCH advertising there is with food. However, I wasn't "hungry" until Eric and I went down to see a friend who had just given birth. Walking into the hopsital I was hit with the cafeteria smells, which smelled absolutely delish!! I think they were cooking fried chicken. THAT sent me into sensory overload and was suddenly VERY hungry ...even though I really wasn't until I had smelled food. Said hello to our friends Stephanie and Rick (Rick was a groomsman in our wedding) and then her dinner came. BBQ chicken. Normally hospital food looks gross to me, but oh my, I just wanted to dip my finger in the BBQ sauce. The meal didn't look to Steph, so Eric and I offered to go get her a real meal. She was craving fruit and Central Market is just a couple exits away from the hospital.

Warning: DO NOT GO into Central Market whilst on a fast... awwww, the bread!!!!! the succulent Meals to Go that seemed to talk to me through the glass.  Man, that was tough. I was even more hungry.

Came home ....to a smoothie. So boring. Eric and I watched a movie. I always pop popcorn when we watch movies, even when I'm not hungry, so not having my bowl of Smart Pop 94% fat free popcorn sitting in my lap was tough.

However, that was a good lesson. My body wasn't hungry. My mind was. Tradition said I should have food.

I survived my first day EVER without iced tea or carbs. Amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment