Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Headache

Day 2 sucked!

Woke up with a headache and it didn't go away until about 6:30 this evening. The headache turned into a migraine. I was so mad at my body and I really almost caved several times.  There is a Chick-Fil-A right by our house and goodness knows did I want a nice small waffle fry dunked in Polynesian sauce and a small Coke. That normally makes my headaches go away. Comfort eater anyone? However I just waved at the cows as I went by.  *Note, I actually haven't eaten at Chick-Fil-A since about September of last year. Going vegetarian makes fast food less exciting. However, those fries are still tempting.

Woke up, made a smoothie, and put it in a to-go cup as I headed to my dentist. (Healthy check up, btw). My dentist is down by the TCU area and I love the little University Shopping center. Did a little looky-loo around Pottery Barn and then, since I like to torture myself went into Williams-Sanoma. WHY did I do that?

On the ride home my head started throbbing.  When I got home the sound of the Vitamix was piercing. The room was spinning. The light was bright. Logged onto webmd and diagnosed a migraine.

I drank the smoothie .... and ate some pistachios. Rebel.

Went to bed for about 4 hours. Pathetic.

Now up, ate a big bowl of delicious fresh fruit. I needed to crunch something. Grapes, pineapple, strawberries and blackberries. The sweetness of the fruit exploded in my mouth and was quite ... comforting.


Hope day 3 is better ...but I've heard it's the hardest. I can handle alot ...except the migraine :(

1 comment:

  1. Funny how your body sometimes becomes your worst enemy when you are trying to treat it right.

    ReplyDelete