Saturday, July 16, 2011

Reboot Reflection

 Well ..... I didn't actually go the full 7 days. I did 5. I am still proud of myself and learned some important things about food, our culture, and myself these last 5. I guess the very first thing is that I am a neglectful blogger. This week has been very interesting, but was a fantastic jump-start to a healthier lifestyle. I truly appreciate what my body does for me and I need to honor it more.  Here are some things I realized...

1) I don't like smoothies as much as I wish I did
2) the Vitamix machine rocks
3) I like to crunch things when I eat (hence why I probably always reach for empty carbs)
4) Carrot sticks cured #3
5) I think the headache /migraine was from caffeine withdraw and a little dehydration
6) Water is wonderful and the only beverage necessary
7) Not eating anything processed or that contained sugar, carbs, fat, etc for 4.5 days made me feel really proud of myself
8) my little tummy pooch is GONE. I'll be damned if it comes back. 
9) I lost 5.5 pounds
10) I was never hungry eating only fruits and vegetables
11) eating things that naturally came from the earth made me feel beautiful
12) a big bowl of fruit is delicious and quite satisfying (and very pretty!)
13) I missed the experience of restaurants - not necessarily the food
14) Food advertisements were extremely tempting Days 1 and 2, but I wasn't fazed by them at all the rest of the week
15) I never had a bad taste in my mouth or bad breath (not that this is a problem, but you know...:)
16) I am stronger than temptation
17) I woke up craving healthy stuff (very odd)
18) I love cooking shows
19) I am thankful my husband was supportive and didn't eat his Free Birds Burrito in front of me ... that was dripping in queso.
20) we are what we eat. I intend to be natural and cruelty-free and colorful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment